Samsung SM843 Specifications
The SM843 will come in capacities of 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. The available capacity of these SSDs is only slightly lower than their consumer market counterparts, and reflects the extra overprovisioning provided for enterprise workloads.
The MDX controller wrings extra endurance from the 20nm MLC NAND utilized with the SM843 via numerous techniques. Standard ECC is backed by DSP and adaptive flash programming techniques.
The SSD comes in the standard 2.5' form factor with a 7mm Z-Height. This will allow deployment of the SSD into slim applications.
The SM843 has a low active read power consumption of 2.7 Watts, and an active write consumption of 3.4 Watts, which we will put to the test with our power testing later in the review. The low power threshold and the high read IOPS provide an SSD that Samsung feels will offer an impressive IOPS-to-Watts solution.
The SM843 features standard AES-256 encryption, and does not include any type of power fail protection.
The specifications below also feature the forthcoming SAS SSD from Samsung. This will be utilized in high-write environments and features a more robust feature set.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni