Samsung SM843 Specifications
The SM843 will come in capacities of 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. The available capacity of these SSDs is only slightly lower than their consumer market counterparts, and reflects the extra overprovisioning provided for enterprise workloads.
The MDX controller wrings extra endurance from the 20nm MLC NAND utilized with the SM843 via numerous techniques. Standard ECC is backed by DSP and adaptive flash programming techniques.
The SSD comes in the standard 2.5' form factor with a 7mm Z-Height. This will allow deployment of the SSD into slim applications.
The SM843 has a low active read power consumption of 2.7 Watts, and an active write consumption of 3.4 Watts, which we will put to the test with our power testing later in the review. The low power threshold and the high read IOPS provide an SSD that Samsung feels will offer an impressive IOPS-to-Watts solution.
The SM843 features standard AES-256 encryption, and does not include any type of power fail protection.
The specifications below also feature the forthcoming SAS SSD from Samsung. This will be utilized in high-write environments and features a more robust feature set.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- AMD: GPUOpen could be used for smartphone, tablet graphics
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform