Samsung SM843 Specifications
The SM843 will come in capacities of 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. The available capacity of these SSDs is only slightly lower than their consumer market counterparts, and reflects the extra overprovisioning provided for enterprise workloads.
The MDX controller wrings extra endurance from the 20nm MLC NAND utilized with the SM843 via numerous techniques. Standard ECC is backed by DSP and adaptive flash programming techniques.
The SSD comes in the standard 2.5' form factor with a 7mm Z-Height. This will allow deployment of the SSD into slim applications.
The SM843 has a low active read power consumption of 2.7 Watts, and an active write consumption of 3.4 Watts, which we will put to the test with our power testing later in the review. The low power threshold and the high read IOPS provide an SSD that Samsung feels will offer an impressive IOPS-to-Watts solution.
The SM843 features standard AES-256 encryption, and does not include any type of power fail protection.
The specifications below also feature the forthcoming SAS SSD from Samsung. This will be utilized in high-write environments and features a more robust feature set.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASRock unveils the H2R, a Chromecast-like HDMI dongle
- ARCHOS unveils the larger screened Diamond Plus smartphone
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20