Samsung SM843 Specifications
The SM843 will come in capacities of 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. The available capacity of these SSDs is only slightly lower than their consumer market counterparts, and reflects the extra overprovisioning provided for enterprise workloads.
The MDX controller wrings extra endurance from the 20nm MLC NAND utilized with the SM843 via numerous techniques. Standard ECC is backed by DSP and adaptive flash programming techniques.
The SSD comes in the standard 2.5' form factor with a 7mm Z-Height. This will allow deployment of the SSD into slim applications.
The SM843 has a low active read power consumption of 2.7 Watts, and an active write consumption of 3.4 Watts, which we will put to the test with our power testing later in the review. The low power threshold and the high read IOPS provide an SSD that Samsung feels will offer an impressive IOPS-to-Watts solution.
The SM843 features standard AES-256 encryption, and does not include any type of power fail protection.
The specifications below also feature the forthcoming SAS SSD from Samsung. This will be utilized in high-write environments and features a more robust feature set.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now