Samsung SM843 Specifications
The SM843 will come in capacities of 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. The available capacity of these SSDs is only slightly lower than their consumer market counterparts, and reflects the extra overprovisioning provided for enterprise workloads.
The MDX controller wrings extra endurance from the 20nm MLC NAND utilized with the SM843 via numerous techniques. Standard ECC is backed by DSP and adaptive flash programming techniques.
The SSD comes in the standard 2.5' form factor with a 7mm Z-Height. This will allow deployment of the SSD into slim applications.
The SM843 has a low active read power consumption of 2.7 Watts, and an active write consumption of 3.4 Watts, which we will put to the test with our power testing later in the review. The low power threshold and the high read IOPS provide an SSD that Samsung feels will offer an impressive IOPS-to-Watts solution.
The SM843 features standard AES-256 encryption, and does not include any type of power fail protection.
The specifications below also feature the forthcoming SAS SSD from Samsung. This will be utilized in high-write environments and features a more robust feature set.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mafia 3 demo released, offers 50% discount on full game
- MSI unveils GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Armor & Aero cards
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer spins wicked web
- 'Justice League', 'Aquaman' IMAX VR experiences on way
- Halo Wars Definitive Edition teased on PC with Steam
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design