As always we won't go into any real detail on the testbed side of things as everything is covered above.
Quickly, though, we'll cover the boards that will be included in our graphs today which of course include the ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP. Alongside that we've got some Z77 boards including the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, ASRock Z77 Extreme11, ASUS Maximums IV GENE and finally an X79 based ASRock X79 Extreme4 to round off the collection.
As always before we get into the benchmarking side of things we cover the overclocking side. When we looked at the differences between the H77 and Z77, one of the options that is listed as not available on the H77 is "CPU Performance Tuning". We didn't pay too much attention to that as we saw the ability to adjust the multiplier in the BIOS. We just couldn't see an option to adjust the BCLK. Since most of our overclocking is done via the multiplier anyway, we didn't think it was that big a deal.
Heading into the BIOS to adjust the multiplier we hit the + button a few times and hit a wall at 39x or 3.9GHz - the Turbo speed of the 3770K. There's really no ability to go any higher. Because of that we simply left it at that and decided to just bench at the normal out of the box settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni