As always we won't go into any real detail on the testbed side of things as everything is covered above.
Quickly, though, we'll cover the boards that will be included in our graphs today which of course include the ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP. Alongside that we've got some Z77 boards including the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, ASRock Z77 Extreme11, ASUS Maximums IV GENE and finally an X79 based ASRock X79 Extreme4 to round off the collection.
As always before we get into the benchmarking side of things we cover the overclocking side. When we looked at the differences between the H77 and Z77, one of the options that is listed as not available on the H77 is "CPU Performance Tuning". We didn't pay too much attention to that as we saw the ability to adjust the multiplier in the BIOS. We just couldn't see an option to adjust the BCLK. Since most of our overclocking is done via the multiplier anyway, we didn't think it was that big a deal.
Heading into the BIOS to adjust the multiplier we hit the + button a few times and hit a wall at 39x or 3.9GHz - the Turbo speed of the 3770K. There's really no ability to go any higher. Because of that we simply left it at that and decided to just bench at the normal out of the box settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017