Fractal Design Node 605 HTPC Chassis
The front of the Node 605 is a vast expanse of brushed, then anodized black, aluminum stretching from edge to edge. The only things to break up the sleekness of this panel is the power button and while naming at the right, as the thin line separating the bottom panel is barely noticeable.
Flipping the lower sections door down, on the left side of the Node 605 is this aluminum cover that is currently screwed in to cover the hole for the optional slim optical drive bay here.
Off to the right side you have Firewire, HD Audio jacks, and a pair of USB 3.0 ports. Beyond that you will see a red LED that is for the card reader to show its functionality. The card reader can handle Micro SD cards, compact flash cards and standard SD cards.
The top of the chassis is just an expanse of the same thick metal used as doors in most Fractal Design cases. To help keep noises down, the back of this is also equipped with sound deadening material.
The right side of the chassis offers two places to have 120mm fans exhaust the chassis. The hole on the left is filled, but you will need to add a fan to the right if you plan to maximize the air flow potential of this chassis.
Just behind the aluminium panel, there is a two position fan switch that allows up to three fans to be connected and controlled from here. A nice feature is that the fans included in the chassis are already wired up to it; you just need a power connection to get it going.
Starting with the left side, behind the Node 604, you do have an option to place a pair of 80mm fans above the rear I/O, it offers seven expansion slots, and takes the PSU and turns it on edge on the right side.
The left of the Node 605 looks just like the right side, but this time with no fan controller switch. The left vented area is for the power supply, and the mesh to the right is backed with a 120mm fan already.
Under the chassis are two large plastic feet trimmed in natural aluminium rings for a touch of class. The feet in the back aren't seen and are smaller, but still are rubber padded and give this chassis good purchase even on glass.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- Nintendo Switch teardown teases massive 4310mAh battery
- Mass Effect Andromeda's latest gameplay video is here
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact