Fractal Design Node 605 HTPC Chassis
The front of the Node 605 is a vast expanse of brushed, then anodized black, aluminum stretching from edge to edge. The only things to break up the sleekness of this panel is the power button and while naming at the right, as the thin line separating the bottom panel is barely noticeable.
Flipping the lower sections door down, on the left side of the Node 605 is this aluminum cover that is currently screwed in to cover the hole for the optional slim optical drive bay here.
Off to the right side you have Firewire, HD Audio jacks, and a pair of USB 3.0 ports. Beyond that you will see a red LED that is for the card reader to show its functionality. The card reader can handle Micro SD cards, compact flash cards and standard SD cards.
The top of the chassis is just an expanse of the same thick metal used as doors in most Fractal Design cases. To help keep noises down, the back of this is also equipped with sound deadening material.
The right side of the chassis offers two places to have 120mm fans exhaust the chassis. The hole on the left is filled, but you will need to add a fan to the right if you plan to maximize the air flow potential of this chassis.
Just behind the aluminium panel, there is a two position fan switch that allows up to three fans to be connected and controlled from here. A nice feature is that the fans included in the chassis are already wired up to it; you just need a power connection to get it going.
Starting with the left side, behind the Node 604, you do have an option to place a pair of 80mm fans above the rear I/O, it offers seven expansion slots, and takes the PSU and turns it on edge on the right side.
The left of the Node 605 looks just like the right side, but this time with no fan controller switch. The left vented area is for the power supply, and the mesh to the right is backed with a 120mm fan already.
Under the chassis are two large plastic feet trimmed in natural aluminium rings for a touch of class. The feet in the back aren't seen and are smaller, but still are rubber padded and give this chassis good purchase even on glass.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Acer announces new Predator Gaming Series monitors with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Acer shows off Chromebook R 11, a convertible Chromebook
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015