This is just an awesome video card and much like the Power Color HD 7990 Devil 13 we looked late last year. If you're after performance this is going to be the kind of video card you should be looking at and while it's not available yet, it's probably safe to assume we'll be looking at a price tag of around the $999 mark like the Devil 13.
The only problem we have comes from AMD and not HIS. In 2012 AMD didn't show the same attention to CrossFire as we've seen in previous years. It could be to do with the fact that because AMD didn't bring out a dual GPU card out in 2012 itself that they haven't concentrated on it as much. The other reason could be the simple fact that the AMD driver team just didn't do a very good job in 2012.
The latest 12.11 driver is fantastic, but up until now, 2012 was really hit and miss by AMD. It's the first time in years that they missed the monthly WHQL driver updates and when we did get updates it wasn't rare that we saw little to no performance boost with the new driver.
Under games like Sleeping Dogs and Nexuiz which are two games that would really benefit from a strong increase in performance, we see absolutely no gains. Hopefully this is something that will happen over time. When we tested CrossFire HD 7800's the other week we also saw the same kind of problem.
Away from the issues we're seeing from AMD, though, this is just a fantastic video card and while a few pieces are missing like the price and the bundle, it's fairly safe to assume that the price will be high and the bundle will be fairly standard. We could be wrong about the latter, but we're pretty sure that HIS are going to let the card do all the talking.
If you're after some serious 3D gaming performance from a single video card this is what you should be looking at buying. Just remember it's indeed a triple slot card and the only thing bigger than the heatsink is going to be the price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance