Getting excited about the Radeon HD 7700 series from AMD has always been near impossible for me. While we've seen a couple of gems stand out, the series for the most part has never done a great deal for us due to the initial stigma that was left at launch with the feeling the price was just too high for the performance on offer.
Since launch, though, we've seen some new variations of the model and over that time we've seen the price drop down to a much more attractive level. Today we're going to be checking out the baby version of the HD 7700 series; the HD 7750.
This particular one we're looking at today comes from HIS and carries with it the IceQ X and Turbo label which are two of our favorite ones when it comes to HIS branded cards. Can throwing the IceQ X and Turbo label onto the HD 7750 get us a bit more excited about it, though? Well, slightly.
The first thing we need to do is check out what's going on with the package. Once we've done that we'll take a closer look at the video card itself and see what exactly the IceQ X cooler looks like before moving onto the specification side to see what clocks that Turbo tag brings to the table.
Once we've done that we'll quickly look at our testbed, cover the cards that will be including in our graphs today before we finally get into the performance side of things which will be interesting as this is the lowest end card we've tested on our new benchmark line up which is quite intensive. First, though, we've got to check out what's going on with the package.
Having a look at the box you can see the overall layout is pretty similar to other IceQ packages. The main difference is that the box is overall just smaller due to it being a mid-range video card.
Moving inside the package it's pretty similar to the higher end HIS offerings with two CDs; one including the driver and the other including the iTurbo software. Along with that we've got a manual, case sticker and DVI to VGA connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives