On our charts today we put the OCZ Vector up against a number of previous generation 128GB drives, Vector 256GB and the SLC wonder drive, SuperSSpeed S301. Vector 128GB blew away all of the previous generation drives by a good margin in many of the tests.
That still leaves us with the current crop of best in class SSDs that just hit the market over the last three months. For the last three or four months we've let some of our SSD reviews slide in order to further develop our SSD and NAS testing procedures for 2013. That's starting to bite us because we don't have Neutron, Neutron GTX, M5, M5 Pro or either of the two new Samsung drives to compare with today. We have a few of those 128GB drives on the way and are working on the rest, unfortunately we don't have them on hand now so the big Next Gen 128GB Showdown will have to wait another week.
Without the other competitors on hand for the fastest 128GB SSD show down, we can't say if Vector is the fastest in this capacity size. We will say today that Vector 128GB is amazingly fast and one of the top two to three contenders for the speed crown in all three capacity sizes.
With a price of $159.99, Vector 128GB isn't cheap. Over the holiday shopping season, we've seen 120/128GB drives sell for as low as $60. A few of those drives were built by OCZ and some of them are very good, high performing drives. OCZ is going to have a difficult time convincing some people to lay down the loot for some of the best performance available when drives like Vertex 3 Max IOPS are so cheap yet so good. I think once Vector gets down to $1 per GB it looks a lot more attractive.
What do you think?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [OCZ Vector 128GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's next-gen video cards will be available at retail in June
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer details augmentations, and more
- Apple Music update brings videos, family plan to Android
- Windows 10 upgrade nag screen interrupts weather lady
- New Apple Music API means endless integration possibilities
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched