It comes as no surprise to us that HIS has put together a strong video card here. The IceQ series has always been strong and this iteration is no different with the IceQ cooler doing its job perfectly. You can see even with the core bumped up to 1000MHz, we manage to still see very strong numbers in both the temperature area while this isn't coming at the cost of noise.
When it comes to comparing the HIS HD 7850 IceQ Turbo, the GTX 660 HAWK is a good comparison. With this HIS offering coming in at $219.99, and the MSI one carrying a slightly higher price tag of around $239.99, deciding which one to buy can be a tough decision. However, saying that, it becomes a little easier as there isn't stock of the MSI HAWK in every country.
If your budget was really tight you also have the option to save yourselves $10 and pick up the non-Turbo version of this video card which carries the default HD 7850 clocks. You can then do the overclocking yourself using the included iTurbo software. Outside of hitting the 1000MHz core, with a bit of time and a voltage bump, you should be able to run at an even higher speed with a little time and effort.
This video card really is all about the cooler and the out of the box core clock. When it comes to the bundle there's not a whole lot that can be said about it. We've ultimately got everything we need to get up and running, but like most video cards these days, there's not a massive bundle on offer.
If you're looking at spending around the $200 mark and want a video card that is kind on the ears, this is a really good option thanks to that IceQ cooler that impresses. Performance is strong and for the most part you can see that gaming up to 1920 x 1200 isn't an issue. 2560 x 1600 at times is also an option for certain games, but make sure you check first. If you're using a screen like that, though, you'll probably find yourself with a larger budget when it comes to the video card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- Final Fantasy XV to get free major content updates
- Final Fantasy XV reportedly coming to PC in 2018
- Faraday Future unveils its first electric car next month
- Nintendo Switch switches to full 1080p while docked
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel