Mushkin Atlas 480GB mSATA SSD
The 480GB capacity size fits in the same packaging as the standard Atlas drives.
Mushkin ships these in plastic, retail friendly packages so we may see them on store shelves at some point.
Here we get our first look at the actual mSATA drive. From this angle it's difficult to tell the dual PCB design. Mushkin did a very good job of keeping the overall size down.
There are eight NAND chips spread across two PCBs.
A single LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller keeps the data flowing.
Three connectors pass data and power to the daughter board.
This is the first time we've seen anyone even attempt a dual PCB design for mSATA.
In our Lenovo W530 the Mushkin Atlas 480GB fit perfectly. The metal inner structure even kept the keyboard from coming in direct contact with the mSATA drive. I'm not going to go as far as to say this design will fit in every notebook or ultrabook, but we had room to spare in our Lenovo W530 test laptop.
Here we see the 480GB Atlas with two PCBs next to a standard LSI SandForce based mSATA drive.
A few weeks back I 'cleaned' my garage. I wanted to whip out the digital calipers to give an exact height of the stacked Atlas, but like every other time I've cleaned my garage, it'll take a year to figure out where I put the tools I rarely use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Mushkin Atlas 480GB mSATA SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Model S P100D runs 0-100 in 2.3 sec with latest update
- Did Obsidian just tease Fallout: New Orleans?
- Xiaomi launches Redmi Note 4, priced at $150
- ZTE's dual-camera Blade V8 Pro is now on sale for $230
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup