Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The Mushkin Atlas 480GB SSD isn't listed on Mushkin's website yet, but the 60GB, 120GB and 240GB are already listed. Newegg shows a new 30GB model for sale and takes the product line a step further and divides it into DX and V product names. The DX models use synchronous NAND flash and the V (assumedly for value) uses asynchronous NAND flash.
Our MKNSSDAT480GB sample is of the value variety with 512GB of L74A, 25nm Micron asynchronous NAND flash. Obviously we would have preferred to review the DX variety since we strongly feel that anyone reading TweakTown should pony up the extra money for full SATA III performance with all data types and improved performance when the drive has data on it. That's okay though because the Atlas we're looking at today is big, it's bad and it uses all 8-channels of the LSI SandForce SF-2281 controllers, a feature not seen on an mSATA drive before. Also, since it uses the SF-2281 controller, the Atlas 480GB is SATA III, and not SATA II based like we see with quite a few mSATA drives.
We haven't heard anything about pricing yet, but Mushkin leaves that to the e-tailers. The 240GB DX Atlas sells for just over $1 per GB at Newegg for $249.99. Newegg didn't have the V 240GB model in stock, but the 120GB asynchronous version shows a price of $99.99. Since the 480GB Atlas adds an additional PCB and connectors to the build of materials list (BOM), we expect a price of at least $1 per GB when these hit Newegg and the DX 480GB with synchronous flash will be a bit higher. Mushkin has the only game in town when it comes to these ultra large capacity mSATA drives so they can charge any premium they want and we'll still fork over our money with a bit of drool at the edge of our mouths.
Looking at the existing products at Newegg both the standard and Deluxe Atlas products ship with a standard three year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Mushkin Atlas 480GB mSATA SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance