GIGABYTE has put together a really nice motherboard in the Z77X-UP7 and the first thing we have to mention is that the color design looks great. It's nice to see something a little different than the black on black or black on red which are probably the two most common color schemes when it comes to higher end motherboards. Instead we've seen GIGABYTE go for the black and orange going on here, and we saw ASRock go for a black and yellow color scheme.
Looking at the price side of things the $399.99 price tag that is associated with the GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 brings it in as the second most expensive Z77 motherboard on offer over at Newegg with the ASUS P8Z77-V Premium being $50 more expensive. Justifying the price isn't too hard, though. You only have to look at the package that's on offer.
Along with all the normal stuff we're used to seeing the addition of the USB 3.0 front panel header and the wireless card with multiple antennas help the bundle stand out. Then you've got the board features which really stand out - everything from the onboard overclocking, voltage monitoring feature and extra SATA ports. Finally the other big feature for performance users is the ability to go down the four-way video card path for massive performance.
While for some users the board will be overkill, the feature set and bundle is really strong that even if you're not a big overclocker or power user that will make use of every feature that's available, there's enough extras that still make the board worthwhile at the price.
At $399.99 the GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 is just going to be out of budget for some people. However, if you have the money, and if you're after a high-end, high quality motherboard that carries a large feature set and runs extremely well, this is a fantastic option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Toshiba announces 12.5' Satellite Radius 12 2-in-1 convertible laptop
- Halo 5 opening cinematic teases a bunch of stuff you can't do in-game
- The new Nexus 5 will feature 1080p display, 6-core CPU and USB Type-C
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015