When I first saw the SABERTOOTH line of motherboard with the Intel P67 chipset I loved the whole look that ASUS was going for with it. We saw when they released the AMD based 990FX and Intel X79 chipsets that they removed the TUF Thermal Armor which was the stand out feature for me.
When we got first sign of the SABERTOOTH Z77, though, it was awesome to see that the TUF Thermal Armor had been re-introduced. Outside of the TUF Thermal Armor we've got a whole lot of other features on the SABERTOOTH line of boards which we'll take a closer look at when we check out the package.
As always, though, there are a number of things we've got to do before we look at the performance side of things. The first thing we're going to do is dive into the package and see what exactly the SABERTOOTH Z77 brings to the table while we also cover some of the major features that are present.
Once we've done that we'll check out the motherboard and see exactly what's going on with the board before we move into the BIOS to see how that looks on the SABERTOOTH Z77. We'll then take the time to quickly cover our testbed today before we have a look at the overclocking side to things to see just what kind of performance we can get before we finally check the actual performance via our benchmark lineup.
Looking at the front of the box we can see some of the main features which include Lucid Virtu MVP support while the big one is that the TUF Series brings with it a five year warranty. Starting to move inside we get a better idea what being a TUF series board brings to the table starting with the Thermal Armor which helps control the airflow of what's going on with the board.
Next up we've got the Thermal Radar technology which helps track the temperature of the board area along with the Dust Defender technology. Finally on the top half of the box you can see we've got TUF components which brings with it higher quality components, just as you'd expect.
Looking across the bottom half of the box you can see we've got some of the more ASUS specific features which include DIGI+ Power Control, USB BIOS Flashback and Network iControl. The back of the box quickly covers some of the main features again while the bottom gives us a run down on the main specifications of the board.
Moving inside the package you can see we've got a fair bit going on starting with the normal user guide, information on the Thermal Armor technology and how to set it up along with a Certificate of Reliability cover the SABERTOOTH features along with a driver CD.
Across the bottom we've got four SATA III cables, two SATA II cables, I/O back plate, SLI bridge, EZ connectors and two fans which we'll talk about a little later when we take a closer look at the motherboard itself.
Finally the last part of the package is the dust guards you can see above. A lot of them give you a fairly good idea of what's going on, but to see exactly how they work, we'll need to use them in conjunction with the board itself which we'll again take a closer look at when we move over to the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER