High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
You can see at 1920 x 1200 we do see a couple of extra FPS, but we again fall short of that 60 FPS number we constantly look for to provide a solid experience.
While we see a gain in FPS, the intensity of the Aliens vs. Predator engine is just too much for the HD 7850 when AA and AF comes into play.
Far Cry 2 doesn't really see much change, but you can see at 2560 x 1600 with AA and AF on we don't quite hit that 30 FPS minimum that we're looking for. 1920 x 1200 on the other hand isn't an issue.
Like Aliens vs. Predator, Metro 2033 is just too intensive for the HD 7850 when it comes to turning AA and AF on.
Just Cause also hits below that 60 FPS number we want at both resolutions when it comes to AA and AF performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.