AMD's Radeon HD 7850 isn't a video card we've looked at massively since launch due to the fact we ran into some problems earlier on with it. Our plan was to go from the single standalone review into a CrossFire article with the second reference card we had on hand. Unfortunately for us the second card had an issue and by the time we got around to sorting it we had other launches and the model just didn't get the attention we would've liked to have given it.
While we managed to look at overclocking the model not that all long ago, it was in the form of the MSI HD 7850 Power Edition which is never the best representation of how a typical reference based video card will overclock due to the clear focus from MSI on overclocking. Because of that today we'll be looking at the HIS video card from an overclocking point of view.
As always there's a couple of things we need to do before we cover the overclocking side of things and the first is we need to check out the box along with the package to see just what exactly is going on. Once we've done that we'll move onto the card itself and see just what HIS are offering.
We'll then move onto the specification side of things, here we'll cover the default specifications along with how we went with the overclocking side of things. We'll then quickly cover our testbed and the cards that we'll be using in our graphs today before we finally get into the performance side of things.
Looking at the box we can see nothing too out of the ordinary with a very typical HIS design present here. Turning over we get some of the main features that are related to the HD 7850 itself, but there's nothing too specific when it comes to the actual card we're looking at today. This isn't too much of a surprise since this isn't part of the IceQ or TurboX series.
Moving inside the package you can see we've got the normal HIS packet which brings with it a driver CD, manual and sticker. Along with that we've got another CD which includes the iTurbo overclocking software, Crossfire bridge and DVI to VGA connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X hits #1 best-selling CPUs on Amazon
- whirlpool repair in egypt
- تجديد وصيانة اجهزة سامسونج 01154008110 ×× 0235700997 توكيل ثلا
- صيانة منتجات ويرلبول مصر 01210999852 رقم خط مبيعات و
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood