AMD's Radeon HD 7850 isn't a video card we've looked at massively since launch due to the fact we ran into some problems earlier on with it. Our plan was to go from the single standalone review into a CrossFire article with the second reference card we had on hand. Unfortunately for us the second card had an issue and by the time we got around to sorting it we had other launches and the model just didn't get the attention we would've liked to have given it.
While we managed to look at overclocking the model not that all long ago, it was in the form of the MSI HD 7850 Power Edition which is never the best representation of how a typical reference based video card will overclock due to the clear focus from MSI on overclocking. Because of that today we'll be looking at the HIS video card from an overclocking point of view.
As always there's a couple of things we need to do before we cover the overclocking side of things and the first is we need to check out the box along with the package to see just what exactly is going on. Once we've done that we'll move onto the card itself and see just what HIS are offering.
We'll then move onto the specification side of things, here we'll cover the default specifications along with how we went with the overclocking side of things. We'll then quickly cover our testbed and the cards that we'll be using in our graphs today before we finally get into the performance side of things.
Looking at the box we can see nothing too out of the ordinary with a very typical HIS design present here. Turning over we get some of the main features that are related to the HD 7850 itself, but there's nothing too specific when it comes to the actual card we're looking at today. This isn't too much of a surprise since this isn't part of the IceQ or TurboX series.
Moving inside the package you can see we've got the normal HIS packet which brings with it a driver CD, manual and sticker. Along with that we've got another CD which includes the iTurbo overclocking software, Crossfire bridge and DVI to VGA connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome Data Saver mode now reduces data usage up to 70%
- NVIDIA: Just Cause 3 engine 'incompatible with multi-GPU solutions'
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY