The first thing you can't help but notice about the video card is the sheer size of the cooler. In typical iChill fashion, Inno3D have installed a massive cooler that consists of three fans on a huge heatsink which has heatpipes running through it. The cooler looks really mean and like it's ready for business so hopefully we get some good numbers out of it.
Outside of being really long we've got to make a note that the size of the cooler does take up a third slot. For a lot of people this might not be a problem, but if you've got something that you need to install in your third motherboard slot, you could run into an issue.
Before we move on, though, the one thing I'm not in love with is the blue PCB that's on offer. We've seen so many companies move over to darker colored PCBs in recent times and considering the aluminum colored setup that's going on, it would've been nice to see the video card with a black PCB to help bring it all together.
On the power connector side of things we can see that we've got a slightly different setup to the Palit video card we looked at. Instead of a dual 6-pin PCIe setup we've got a single 6-pin alongside a single 8-pin. Closer to the front you can see the two SLI connectors which are going to come in handy for anyone wants to go down the multiple video card path.
Finishing up with the I/O side of things we've got two Dual Link DVI connectors (DVI-I and DVI-D) alongside a single HDMI and DisplayPort. This is pretty much the standard setup we're seeing out of video card manufacturers on the new GTX 670 so far.
As we mentioned in the introduction the Inno3D iChill GTX 670 comes overclocked out of the box. This isn't too much of a surprise considering the cooler that's present on the model. What is a bit of a surprise, though, is the out of the box clocks, for the most part we're seeing companies who are pre-overclocking cards push the clocks up in line with the reference GTX 680.
That means that we move from a 915MHz core to a 1006MHz core. Inno3D has gone a little higher today, though and pushed us up to 1020MHz which in turn has set our boost clock to 1098MHz, a nice increase from the stock 980MHz boost clock and even the 1058MHz boost clock present on the GTX 680.
Along with the boost to the core, Inno3D has also taken the time to boost the clocks of the 2GB GDDR5. We've seen that go from 6008MHz QDR to 6212MHz QDR. Overall this is a really nice overclock and we should see some really strong performance out of this GTX 670 when compared to the reference clocked GTX 670 and GTX 680.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20