Power Consumption Tests
Using our new PROVA Power Analyzer WM-01 or "Power Thingy" as it has become quickly known as to our readers, we are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into AC wall socket).
There are a few important notes to remember though; while our maximum power is taken in 3DMark06 at the same exact point, we have seen in particular tests the power being drawn as much as 10% more. We test at the exact same stage every time; therefore tests should be very consistent and accurate.
The other thing to remember is that our test system is bare minimum - only a SSD hard drive is used with a single CD ROM and minimal cooling fans.
So while the system might draw 400 watts in our test system, placing it into your own PC with a number of other items, the draw is going to be higher.
Power draw is something that AMD are promoting and the idle power draw is just crazy with it coming in a good chunk lower than everything else we've got here.
On the load front, we can see it again lines up around the HD 6970 area. Considering the gains we see over the HD 6970, this is really a very strong number we're seeing out of AMD and it's clear a lot of work has been done here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has a $100 microtransaction
- Sony still planning more 'Ghostbusters' films
- Fallout 4 might be the killer game VR desparately needs
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter