Looking at the testbed side of things, as usual there's nothing out of the ordinary, so let's just get into the overclocking side of things to see how our beloved 2600k went on the Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 today.
Getting into the BIOS and firing up OC Tweaker, we messed around with our voltages and multiplier a little to see what we could get out of the system. At 50x we couldn't get the board to boot, while moving to 48x we could get our system to boot, but BSOD on Windows entry. Moving to 47x got us in Windows, but as soon as we started to do anything intensive, we'd be greeted by that BSOD again.
As you can see above, we in the end landed on a 46x multiplier which with the BCLK at 100.54 resulted in a final CPU clock of 4624MHz or 4.62GHz as illustrated in our graphs.
This is a fairly standard area for the mid-range ASRock boards. We saw the Extreme7 go a bit over 5GHz; you can see our Extreme4 came in a bit lower today, though. Still, it's a nice overclock from the default 3.4GHz and should hopefully yield some good performance.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new speakers have Google Home, Multiroom support
- Resident Evil 7 is a solid return, very positive reviews
- LG's new G6 smartphone looks freakin' beautiful
- Apple's new 5K display has issues with new MacBook Pro
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz