Looking at the testbed side of things, as usual there's nothing out of the ordinary, so let's just get into the overclocking side of things to see how our beloved 2600k went on the Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 today.
Getting into the BIOS and firing up OC Tweaker, we messed around with our voltages and multiplier a little to see what we could get out of the system. At 50x we couldn't get the board to boot, while moving to 48x we could get our system to boot, but BSOD on Windows entry. Moving to 47x got us in Windows, but as soon as we started to do anything intensive, we'd be greeted by that BSOD again.
As you can see above, we in the end landed on a 46x multiplier which with the BCLK at 100.54 resulted in a final CPU clock of 4624MHz or 4.62GHz as illustrated in our graphs.
This is a fairly standard area for the mid-range ASRock boards. We saw the Extreme7 go a bit over 5GHz; you can see our Extreme4 came in a bit lower today, though. Still, it's a nice overclock from the default 3.4GHz and should hopefully yield some good performance.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andy Rubin's Essential teases its upcoming flagship
- HTC unveils Link VR headset for the U11
- SEGA is racing to victory
- Vertu launches a $360,000 priced feature phone
- Far Cry 5's world evolves based on your decisions
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017