Installation and Finished Product
The card we are going to be testing the AC Accelero Extreme Plus II on is the vanilla eVGA GTX 470 from my spare PC.
Here is the 470 all stripped and ready for the new cooler. Something to note, the white stuff still on the RAM chips are from the original tube of thermal adhesive. I have a couple more GPU coolers coming soon, so we will see how this new G-1 is to remove too.
Using the pads that come in the VR003 kit, I applied them to the card and I am now ready to install the cooler.
The cooler installs with three screws and you've got to be gentle as the threads are aluminum, but I still had no issues getting this heat sink mounted securely. Just be careful not to over tighten this.
In the kit there is this set of screws along with the paper washers to keep the screws from damaging the PCB, or possibly grounding out to anything.
The two packages on the left are what makes up the G-1 adhesive compound and is said to be much better and easier to release than the original equipment. The tube on the right is the original equipment and is what's left all of the residue on my chips.
I used the parts tray from the inner packaging of the heat sinks to mix the two packs of liquids together. They are obviously different colors to make you mix this for one consistent color. This way you know you have a good mix of materials.
Before I put all of the heat sinks on, I thought I should show some of the G-1 applied to the chips. With a spreader that wasn't included in my kit, you simply spread a thin layer of the material on the chip. If you set the heat sink on gently, it will allow for movement to align it, but once you press it onto the chip, it is much tougher to move and relocate.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 8 [Testing and Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASRock unveils the H2R, a Chromecast-like HDMI dongle
- ARCHOS unveils the larger screened Diamond Plus smartphone
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20