We've looked at the HIS HD 6970 Turbo, we've also looked at some IceQ variants of the HD 6800 series; but today the power of the IceQ and Turbo series combine to create the HIS HD 6970 IceQ Turbo.
The IceQ series is a popular one for HIS and has always represented their best cooler in the HIS line-up. Combined with the Turbo label, the card carries with it also a nice out of the box overclock.
Today, though, we've decided to ignore the overclock and instead make use of the cooler and overclock the card ourselves. Before we cover that, though, let's first check out the package that's on offer from the HIS HD 6970 IceQ Turbo 2GB; then we'll take a closer look at the card itself before looking at the actual overclock we achieved.
Once we've done that, we'll get into the performance side of things and see just what kind of power we're able to achieve from the HIS HD 6970 IceQ Turbo at the clocks we managed to get.
First, though, let's look at the package HIS have put together.
Looking at the package, there's nothing out of the ordinary. We've got a driver CD, manual, sticker, CrossFire bridge and DVI to VGA connector. We've also got two Dual-Molex to PCI-E power connectors; one goes to 6-Pin while the other goes to 8-Pin.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card & Specification]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700X spotted in detail
- NVIDIA's next-gen Volta GPU turns up in latest drivers
- Horizon Zero Dawn is 'best' 4K game on PS4 Pro so far
- Nintendo Switch has 25.9 GB available memory, OS is 4GB
- GDC 2017 tease Ghost Recon Wildlands technology video
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league