I'm a big fan of the UEFI BIOS and the ASUS one would have to be one of the most attractive options that I've seen to date. When you first enter the BIOS you go into "EZ Mode" and it gives you some of the main health readouts, the ability to adjust system performance with three presets and change the boot priority by simply using your mouse to drag and drop the icons.
If you find yourself wanting to get down and dirty with the BIOS and see what's really going on, you can go to the Exit / Advanced button and change over to advanced mode where all the fun options are. The first screen you'll be greeted with is the Main one and that just gives you a little rundown of some of the main numbers.
Moving over to Ai Tweaker, you can begin to start to edit the options of your board and really start to overclock. Here you can also use "OC Tuner" which will automatically find a stable overclock without having to do anything more than just watch your system restart itself a few times. We made use of this function and we'll talk about it more on the next page when we discus overclocking.
Going into Advanced, you of course get those more advanced options that revolve around enabling and disabling features and RAID mode to name a few things. If you're overclocking you may find yourself disabling some things or if you've opted for your own sound card or something similar you may find yourself disabling features like onboard audio.
Moving across to our final three sections; Monitor, Boot and Tool, you can see from the above screenshots exactly what these areas do. Overall, it's a really nice, clean BIOS and you've got all the features you'll need if you want to really mess around with overclocking abilities yourself or just choose to make use of the "OC Tuner" feature that's found within the Ai Tweaker section of the BIOS.
This is also the first time I made use of the built-in Print Screen feature and I've got to say, it's absolutely fantastic. With a USB drive formatted to FAT32 plugged in prior to starting the system, all you have to do is hit F12, and then it just asks where you want to save it to. This is a great option for overclockers who want to share their settings with people in a clean and easy to read format. You'll probably want to resave them, though, as they do come out as 2.2MB BMP images.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 8 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 12 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Did Bethesda just release its own uPlay-like games launcher?
- Dark Souls developer's next game will be on PlayStation VR
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare ARG reveals faction details
- PNY launches its new GeForce GTX 950/GTX 960 XLR8 OC series
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched