Looking at the board, you can see a very similar design to what we've seen from other ASUS boards that carry the P8 name at the start. We've got a dark PCB and a dual tone blue combination going on for the rest of the board.
Moving in closer to the board, you can see our expansion slot setup. We've got two legacy PCI slots, two PCI-E 1x slots and three PCI-E 16x slots. Like other Z68 boards we've looked at, when we install two cards into the top slots they will run at only 8x instead of 16x. While the grey slot is indeed a 16x slot from an aesthetic point of view, it's only wired up to run in 4x mode.
Moving to the bottom of the board, we can start to have a look at some of the features that are on offer. Starting from the left, we've got both a power and reset button; next to that we've got three USB2 headers, two 1394 FireWire headers and our system panel header.
Moving around the corner, we can see our SATA port setup. We've got a total of eight SATA ports; four are SATA2 and four are SATA3. The light blue ones are SATA2 running off the Z68 chipset while the white ones are SATA3 running off the same chipset. The final two dark blue SATA ports are SATA3 and they run of the Marvell controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 8 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 12 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- This tool allows you to use your taskbar on any multi-monitor setup
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio