Looking at the board, you can see a very similar design to what we've seen from other ASUS boards that carry the P8 name at the start. We've got a dark PCB and a dual tone blue combination going on for the rest of the board.
Moving in closer to the board, you can see our expansion slot setup. We've got two legacy PCI slots, two PCI-E 1x slots and three PCI-E 16x slots. Like other Z68 boards we've looked at, when we install two cards into the top slots they will run at only 8x instead of 16x. While the grey slot is indeed a 16x slot from an aesthetic point of view, it's only wired up to run in 4x mode.
Moving to the bottom of the board, we can start to have a look at some of the features that are on offer. Starting from the left, we've got both a power and reset button; next to that we've got three USB2 headers, two 1394 FireWire headers and our system panel header.
Moving around the corner, we can see our SATA port setup. We've got a total of eight SATA ports; four are SATA2 and four are SATA3. The light blue ones are SATA2 running off the Z68 chipset while the white ones are SATA3 running off the same chipset. The final two dark blue SATA ports are SATA3 and they run of the Marvell controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 8 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 12 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform