It was interesting to see during the press docs that NVIDIA was promoting the GTX 550 Ti in SLI a little, as I thought as we dive down to this area it wouldn't be pushed quite as much. The thing is, though, if you really think about it, for less than the price of a single GTX 570, you can buy yourself two GTX 550 Ti cards.
Considering that multi card support is fairly rampant these days in chipsets, it's not hard to imagine people going the option of two cards over one if they do indeed represent better value. When you combine the performance that NVIDIA is offering with these cards with the high scaling ability we're seeing from NVIDIA these days in two card setups, you have to think you could have a real weapon of a setup on your hands here.
Sure, you can go down the buy one today and buy another one later path, but with the aggressive pricing of these mid-range models you don't really need to wait until some form of price drop to get the best value out of SLI setups.
Before we get into the fun stuff and check out the performance that's on offer from this SLI setup, let's first check the package that Palit has got going on with the Palit GTX 550 Ti Sonic. Of course, once that's done we'll have a closer look at the card itself before we have a look at the specifications of the card and what kind of clocks the Sonic model is carrying this time around.
So with that all said and done, let's take a closer look at what exactly is on offer here today.
The box design doesn't really change much between most Palit models and you can clearly see the Sonic Overclocking Edition label on the front package. Inside there's not much going on at all with a driver CD, manual and dual Molex connector to 6-Pin PCI-E connector.
I feel like we're saying this more and more these days about the package, but we're really seeing companies choosing to show a little less love towards it and instead put more effort into the card and offer more aggressive pricing. It's probably quite safe to say that most people would feel this is a better option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset