It was interesting to see during the press docs that NVIDIA was promoting the GTX 550 Ti in SLI a little, as I thought as we dive down to this area it wouldn't be pushed quite as much. The thing is, though, if you really think about it, for less than the price of a single GTX 570, you can buy yourself two GTX 550 Ti cards.
Considering that multi card support is fairly rampant these days in chipsets, it's not hard to imagine people going the option of two cards over one if they do indeed represent better value. When you combine the performance that NVIDIA is offering with these cards with the high scaling ability we're seeing from NVIDIA these days in two card setups, you have to think you could have a real weapon of a setup on your hands here.
Sure, you can go down the buy one today and buy another one later path, but with the aggressive pricing of these mid-range models you don't really need to wait until some form of price drop to get the best value out of SLI setups.
Before we get into the fun stuff and check out the performance that's on offer from this SLI setup, let's first check the package that Palit has got going on with the Palit GTX 550 Ti Sonic. Of course, once that's done we'll have a closer look at the card itself before we have a look at the specifications of the card and what kind of clocks the Sonic model is carrying this time around.
So with that all said and done, let's take a closer look at what exactly is on offer here today.
The box design doesn't really change much between most Palit models and you can clearly see the Sonic Overclocking Edition label on the front package. Inside there's not much going on at all with a driver CD, manual and dual Molex connector to 6-Pin PCI-E connector.
I feel like we're saying this more and more these days about the package, but we're really seeing companies choosing to show a little less love towards it and instead put more effort into the card and offer more aggressive pricing. It's probably quite safe to say that most people would feel this is a better option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications