The NZXT Cryo LX Notebook Cooler
As the back of the package showed us, the unit ships folded, almost in half. Holding both halves is a steel pin that runs through an extruded tube and continues all the way to both ends to give a very solid, yet easily operational hinge for the two pieces of the Cryo LX.
Opened up and in the operational position you can really get a feel for what the Cryo Z offers for the notebook. Soft rubber trim running down both sides of the air venting and the stripe at the front offer both anti-vibration and anti-skid footing for your notebook to sit on. The rest of the cooler is built from aluminum that is brushed, and in this case anodized black.
Just wanted to get closer to the rubber for a better look, but also was a good time to show the only logo on the Cryo LX; this indented NZXT found in the right corner of the cooler.
From the side you can see the two piece construction and the fan box that hangs from the larger half. The front of the Cryo LX leaves my laptop an inch off the table. Moving to the rear, there is almost two and a half inches of rise before the laptop gets placed. This angle is very good to type on and has given me no discomfort from its use.
The fan box hanging from the cooler had a variable speed dial on the right side of the unit. Once powered up, this will give you very finite control of the fan speeds.
The rear of the Cryo LX is made from the same 2.3mm thick extruded aluminum construction. Holes are cut away for the power and USB connections to poke through for access.
All of the ports and connections are marked with grey painted icons. There is a USB transfer connection to allow the other USB ports to function, the power adapter, and then four additional USB 2.0 ports to connect anything you may need. The two screws on either side are to hold the PCB to the rear of the unit.
The left side of the Cryo LX isn't much different from the other side, except for the lack of the fan switch on this side. I say we flip this thing over and get a look at what is handling the cooling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- Download Bungie's 2.4.1 patch update for Destiny now
- Hearthstone game costs players a pretty penny to play
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system