We knew it was only a matter of time, and while we would've liked to have seen the HD 6900 series get the treatment first, we know just because of the way the models were released it wasn't going to happen.
What are we talking about? The HD 6000 series getting the IceQ treatment from HIS, which is one of my favorite series as they combine a new cooler and an overclock to some of our favorite models.
The first model to get the IceQ treatment is the baby HD 6850 which has proven that it's capable of offering us some great performance for the price. Fortunately HIS haven't just strapped on a new cooler, though, with the model falling under the IceQ X Turbo series which means that apart from that updated cooler, it also carries with it an overclock.
Before we look at the cooler, though, and get into the overclock that HIS are offering us, let's check out the package. Once that's done we'll get into the fun stuff including the benchmarking of the card.
Box design and contents isn't anything new here. Of course, the box has got the new IceQ X Turbo labeling and is a little wider than the standard HIS boxes, but apart from that there's not really any surprises here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- Sony's PlayStation 4 dominates sales charts with 30.2 million sales
- Halo PC is finally happening, and Microsoft has nothing to do with it
- I am the new guy
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS
- Cherry Announces MW 2310, MW 2110, and MC 2000 Mice
- Phanteks Announces Power Splitter with Patented Isolated Dual System Technology
- QPAD's latest mouse launches world premier at Dreamhack
- Noctua Introduces 24V IndustrialPPC Fans