The war between Intel and AMD has been heating up, but just not in the way that we traditionally think. For many the war is all about the GHz (or the speed) of the CPUs. For the most part this is true, but it is also about bang for the buck. This is a message that AMD is more than comfortable sending to the market. In fact, it is one they have been giving ever since the days of the K6-2 CPUs.
Now we see a return to this position as AMD pushes the envelope of low cost CPUs. Both the Athlon II and Phenom II CPU lines are very cost effective and can provide solid multi core performance at a good price. Today we take a look at what will be their flagship CPU for this line; the Phenom II X6 1100T. We are taking a look at this from the stand point of a consumer to workstation approach.
We will see if this new sexa core piece of silicon is up to scratch when it comes to both multi and single core workloads. Unfortunately we will not be able to tell you how well it overclocks just yet (our test board died during the testing), but by the end of this article we will tell you how well it runs at its stock speed of 3.33GHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform