The war between Intel and AMD has been heating up, but just not in the way that we traditionally think. For many the war is all about the GHz (or the speed) of the CPUs. For the most part this is true, but it is also about bang for the buck. This is a message that AMD is more than comfortable sending to the market. In fact, it is one they have been giving ever since the days of the K6-2 CPUs.
Now we see a return to this position as AMD pushes the envelope of low cost CPUs. Both the Athlon II and Phenom II CPU lines are very cost effective and can provide solid multi core performance at a good price. Today we take a look at what will be their flagship CPU for this line; the Phenom II X6 1100T. We are taking a look at this from the stand point of a consumer to workstation approach.
We will see if this new sexa core piece of silicon is up to scratch when it comes to both multi and single core workloads. Unfortunately we will not be able to tell you how well it overclocks just yet (our test board died during the testing), but by the end of this article we will tell you how well it runs at its stock speed of 3.33GHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs