The war between Intel and AMD has been heating up, but just not in the way that we traditionally think. For many the war is all about the GHz (or the speed) of the CPUs. For the most part this is true, but it is also about bang for the buck. This is a message that AMD is more than comfortable sending to the market. In fact, it is one they have been giving ever since the days of the K6-2 CPUs.
Now we see a return to this position as AMD pushes the envelope of low cost CPUs. Both the Athlon II and Phenom II CPU lines are very cost effective and can provide solid multi core performance at a good price. Today we take a look at what will be their flagship CPU for this line; the Phenom II X6 1100T. We are taking a look at this from the stand point of a consumer to workstation approach.
We will see if this new sexa core piece of silicon is up to scratch when it comes to both multi and single core workloads. Unfortunately we will not be able to tell you how well it overclocks just yet (our test board died during the testing), but by the end of this article we will tell you how well it runs at its stock speed of 3.33GHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dark Souls developer's next game will be on PlayStation VR
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare ARG reveals faction details
- PNY launches its new GeForce GTX 950/GTX 960 XLR8 OC series
- AMD's next-gen Polaris GPUs get busted on GFXBench
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched