HIS haven't gone too crazy with the clocks and that ultimately comes down to the fact that they wanted to hit the market fast with the model. The good news is that when it comes down to it all, the overclock on offer does help give us a nice little boost in performance for a relatively small increase in price.
Of course, if you find yourself wanting to dive into some overclocking a little later down the track the option is always there. For now, though, you can be happy knowing that against your friend who just bought a stock clocked one, you're going to be a bit faster.
Outside of the overclock there's nothing else really on offer here and the main reason is because AMD hasn't really given partners a chance to mess around with the models yet when it comes to new cooling. The good news is that we're hearing companies are now attacking the model like they have the HD 6850, and we should begin to see more and more different models that separate themselves soon enough.
The HIS HD 6870 Turbo has a clear user in mind; it's for someone that wants a little more performance for a little more price. It's also clearly aimed at users who don't want to overclock because they don't know how to or simply can't be bothered.
If you're looking for a bit more punch over the standard HD 6870, the Turbo version from HIS is one worth looking at. For the moment as well the competition is almost nonexistent in this market, because HIS have attacked the clock speeds of the model so quickly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- NVIDIA invests in Chinese self-driving truck startup
- Alphacool unveil AMD Radeon RX Vega cooling solutions
- Intel: 8700K is 11% faster than 7700K
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes