I don't even know where to really start here. I am really overwhelmed at the thought and engineering involved with delivering the LanBoy Air to the market. Offering it in three color choices of red, yellow, and the blue version we just looked at, Antec covers their basis and makes sure you can get one more suited to your personal taste if this sexy "electric" blue isn't the color for you. Moving past the basic structure, there is the modularity and customizability to look at. If the case is to your side on a desk and you don't want to reach around to the front to drop in your favorite game DVD, you don't have to; just turn the drive to the side you want, and use the smaller door for access on the sides. Same goes for the hard drives. Whichever way looks best or offers the cleanest wiring is easy to do. With the Air Mounts, they are securely mounted with a lot of "wiggle" to them. So if this is your next LAN case, traveling vibrations will be minimized as well as isolating the drives from the chassis during operation.
The provided cooling is more than adequate. The five 120mm blue LED fans they supply deliver plenty of flow inside the case. Surprisingly, with all of the fans running with the highest settings, it wasn't as loud as say the DK-85 or the 900 series cases. Going beyond the included equipment, there is room for a total of fifteen 120mm fans inside the LanBoy Air, and that to me is not only a huge benefit to cooling, but already is inspiring water cooling ideas with the radiator inside the chassis, versus outside on the top. The combination of some well placed fans and the fact that there is no real "panels" to trap in heat due to the use of mesh as a replacement, the LanBoy Air Blue is aptly named on both fronts.
I'm not counting on some of the lowball pricing that I am seeing as I write this for most of the e-tailers showing a listing. With word coming directly from my Media Coordinator, I have to believe that those priced at or above the $219.95 MSRP that Antec has placed to be more the reality. As you are reading this, LanBoy Airs will be uncrated and sitting on shelves awaiting purchases of quite a few people I expect. From the moment I opened the box I was drawn to the LanBoy Air, and looking through the images I like it even more; and I'm pretty sure I will see it again in my dreams tonight as I ponder over all the possibilities Antec offers in the LanBoy Air Blue mid tower chassis. Even with a price over $200 US dollars this is the most uniquely designed, throughout, as well as offering you something in an exterior design that you just don't see every day. Whether red, yellow, or my favorite, the blue, you can't lose. If I didn't already have one, I would pick one of these up for myself to toy with all the possibilities.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20