The last time we saw something from Scythe it took an honorable 3rd place in 120mm air cooled coolers. With performance like that out of a typical sized air cooler, I was impressed. It did take some unique designing in the fins and a rather powerful fan to reach 3rd place, but in this game, you have to do what it takes to offer one of the best air coolers. With all the options for you to choose from, if you aren't on top, you are likely to get passed right up as buyers browse the shelf in search of the "next big thing". In steps, advice from people like myself and I may or may not turn you onto a product you may have never even thought to give a second look. Today might just be one of those days.
For those who don't know the history behind the Ninja cooler, let me take you on a little trip. First there was the Ninja or SCNJ-1000, which used six heat pipes. These were arranged in groups of three and installed in a crossing pattern; three above the base and three within the base. The original Ninja was offered as a passive cooler; it worked so well. Then came the Ninja Plus which was essentially the same cooler shipped with a blue LED fan included this time around. Scythe then put the Ninja on steroids and offered the Ninja 2. This was a well liked cooler in its prime, but has since been surpassed.
The latest evolution for Scythe sent them back to the drawing board to work out some kinks found by users; improving the styling of the product, adding more heat pipes, and as you will soon see, it delivers the best performance to date on air cooling. That's right. The newly stylized Ninja 3 with fans in a push-pull configuration will outperform anything I have tested, and as shipped offers the same performance we saw in the Yasya. So not only can you keep things cool and comfortable, add a large dose of "flash" to the interior of your case, you also have found the "next big thing" and I mean big literally and figuratively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Ninja 3 SCNJ-3000 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis