The HAWK series from MSI is relatively quite a new one. To date we've only seen one model come through from the company that carries with it the label and that was the HD 5770. To date it's still one of, if not the best HD 5770 we've used. MSIs eye for detail meant that the card just went so much faster than you expected it would.
The GTX 460 is a tougher game, though; many companies have come out with big clocked cards and MSI have already shown us again one of my favorite cards. The Cyclone version of the GTX 460 from MSI offers a fantastic cooling solution that's quiet and powerful. Out of all the GTX 460s we've tested to date, it's probably the best cooling we've used.
In an area where a lot is happening, the question is, can the HAWK version of the MSI GTX 460 stand out? To be honest, it could just be a little late. Maybe we needed this model at launch. We'll check out the card and its performance soon enough, though. For starters, let's get into the package and see what's going on.
The package has a few things going on, but nothing too out of the ordinary for the most part. We've got manual, quick user guide and driver CD to round off the paperwork side of things. As far as cables go, we've got two Dual Molex to 6-Pin PCI-E connectors, DVI to VGA connector and a mini HDMI to HDMI connector.
Also included are another three little cables. These are placed on the card and give you the ability to measure the voltage of particular areas; in this case the GPU, memory and PLL. While this might seem like something for the more advanced user, don't let it deter you; it's really something that can be ignored by most users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook