Occasionally I'll have a sample that slips through the cracks; the HD 5770 SOC from GIGABYTE is one of those cards. When I first heard about the model I was looking forward to testing it. Combine the SOC series from GIGABYTE which we love, along with the HD 5770 which carries with it some excellent value, and we thought surely we're onto a winner.
Unfortunately the model just seemed to arrive at the wrong time, though. It then kind of got pushed back behind some other products and forgotten about. During a bit of a cleanup it managed to rear its face again and it was time to get it straight into the testbed to see what the model was capable of.
The first thing we'll do is have a look at the bundle GIGABYTE has put together. Once we've done that we'll have a closer look at the card itself, the cooler GIGABYTE has opted for and the clocks GIGABYTE decided on. We'll then figure out if those clocks make the model worthy of the Super Overclock name.
Once all that's out the way, we'll get into the benchmarking side of things and see just how the model performs before we wrap everything up. But firstly, as we said before, let's check out the package that GIGABYTE has put together.
The box design is very similar to other SOC cards we've seen in the past from GIGABYTE. It's good as it really lets us identify the model immediately. Inside we haven't got a whole lot going on; we've got a manual and driver CD along with a dual Molex to 6-Pin connector, DVI to VGA connector and CrossFire bridge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 18 [Total Value Rating (TVR) and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.