The BIOS in the P55A-UD7 is laid well. These images show BIOS version F2, but even with BIOS F5 (the one used for final testing) the layout did not change much.
One of the things that stood out for me was how GB has split everything out into separate pages. This made photographing the pages easy and also lumped the individual settings into more appropriate groups.
Inside the Integrated Peripherals page, there you have to be careful. There are about four different places you have to go to set up your SATA emulation. This is somewhat annoying, but does allow you to add some flexibility into your SATA drive configuration.
Our overclocking experience with the P55A-UD7 was enjoyable. We were able to quickly get the system up to 4.263GHz and stable for an entire run of tests and gaming. We do think that with extra time and a little more tinkering we could get even farther, perhaps breaking our record for the i5 750 test CPU (at 4.4GHz).
We did find that we needed more CPU PLL voltage than normal (we were at 2V Vs 1.92-1.96 that we normally use). But on the opposite side, the CPU VTT voltage was lower.
You can see the validation for the GA-P55A-UD7 and Core i5 750 here.
Although we have covered this software before on other GIGABYTE boards, we have to mention a couple of things with the P55A-UD7. For some reason we could not get the Quick Boost to work; it would start and then, on reboot, the system would not boot into Windows.
Now, this did not affect the other areas of the software and after our boot into Windows at 218x20 was what we used to tweak the system down to a stable clock speed for our testing. It is a great tool for "in-Windows" overclocking and one that has multiple uses (including GPU overclocking in some cases)
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog