The BIOS in the P55A-UD7 is laid well. These images show BIOS version F2, but even with BIOS F5 (the one used for final testing) the layout did not change much.
One of the things that stood out for me was how GB has split everything out into separate pages. This made photographing the pages easy and also lumped the individual settings into more appropriate groups.
Inside the Integrated Peripherals page, there you have to be careful. There are about four different places you have to go to set up your SATA emulation. This is somewhat annoying, but does allow you to add some flexibility into your SATA drive configuration.
Our overclocking experience with the P55A-UD7 was enjoyable. We were able to quickly get the system up to 4.263GHz and stable for an entire run of tests and gaming. We do think that with extra time and a little more tinkering we could get even farther, perhaps breaking our record for the i5 750 test CPU (at 4.4GHz).
We did find that we needed more CPU PLL voltage than normal (we were at 2V Vs 1.92-1.96 that we normally use). But on the opposite side, the CPU VTT voltage was lower.
You can see the validation for the GA-P55A-UD7 and Core i5 750 here.
Although we have covered this software before on other GIGABYTE boards, we have to mention a couple of things with the P55A-UD7. For some reason we could not get the Quick Boost to work; it would start and then, on reboot, the system would not boot into Windows.
Now, this did not affect the other areas of the software and after our boot into Windows at 218x20 was what we used to tweak the system down to a stable clock speed for our testing. It is a great tool for "in-Windows" overclocking and one that has multiple uses (including GPU overclocking in some cases)
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications