The Build and Finished Product
When I was installing the DVD drive, I thought the grey exterior might clash against the obviously darker drive face plate. Honestly, it doesn't look bad at all. Now, you can move this drive to the bottom as well, but I left in the hard drive cage to show off the chassis as it was configured.
The DFI went in without a hitch and something I noticed after the first attempt to set the board in, is that the bottom of the drive assembly at the top is wider near the tray to allow just enough room to fit the board. Everything fit inside well and the wiring is very tidy using the provided holes.
Running the USB 3.0 cable requires, at this time, to come out of the case and be placed into a USB 3.0 port in the motherboards rear I/O. I don't like the idea of wiring hanging out of the case and like in the HAF-X that there was an internal adapter for a motherboard header plug; not here, this is the only way to make it function. The tool-less mechanism on the card is a little loose, as you can see by the angle of the card. While it isn't going anywhere, I prefer mine to be a bit more solid and I recommend a screw for added support, especially if traveling with the Dragon Slayer.
The offset I mentioned earlier allowed me to pack quite a bit of wiring together. While roomy, there are no places in the tray to secure the wiring. This is where those clips come in really handy. Getting the door over these bulky wires and even over the 24-pin line was easy; I just lined up the door and slid it into position.
All powered up, the IN WIN logo is boldly lit in blue LED. The lights in the front I/O for power and activity seem to be dysfunctional. Again, I am hoping it is an issue that gets fixed before the case goes retail. Lights being functional or not, I do like the way it looks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015