The Build and Finished Product
When I was installing the DVD drive, I thought the grey exterior might clash against the obviously darker drive face plate. Honestly, it doesn't look bad at all. Now, you can move this drive to the bottom as well, but I left in the hard drive cage to show off the chassis as it was configured.
The DFI went in without a hitch and something I noticed after the first attempt to set the board in, is that the bottom of the drive assembly at the top is wider near the tray to allow just enough room to fit the board. Everything fit inside well and the wiring is very tidy using the provided holes.
Running the USB 3.0 cable requires, at this time, to come out of the case and be placed into a USB 3.0 port in the motherboards rear I/O. I don't like the idea of wiring hanging out of the case and like in the HAF-X that there was an internal adapter for a motherboard header plug; not here, this is the only way to make it function. The tool-less mechanism on the card is a little loose, as you can see by the angle of the card. While it isn't going anywhere, I prefer mine to be a bit more solid and I recommend a screw for added support, especially if traveling with the Dragon Slayer.
The offset I mentioned earlier allowed me to pack quite a bit of wiring together. While roomy, there are no places in the tray to secure the wiring. This is where those clips come in really handy. Getting the door over these bulky wires and even over the 24-pin line was easy; I just lined up the door and slid it into position.
All powered up, the IN WIN logo is boldly lit in blue LED. The lights in the front I/O for power and activity seem to be dysfunctional. Again, I am hoping it is an issue that gets fixed before the case goes retail. Lights being functional or not, I do like the way it looks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Law student caught trying to hack and change his marks for the better
- Black Friday, $500 off Eurocom laptop with Desktop i7 CPU and GTX 980
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader