For $279.99 this is the most expensive HD 5830 we've tested, but it's also the fastest and with great power comes great cost. Really, though, the HD 5830 does represent good value overall and the model manages to do a good job of really packing quite a punch.
Like we've also said in previous Turbo reviews, the overclock that HIS give us is actually one that makes a difference to performance. Really there's not much more we could ask for. Well, there is, and that would be to have a full version game that doesn't suck and is something that is actually popular. The good news is HIS also managed to deliver on this front as well.
If you're looking for a HD 5830, this is one worth looking at. The bundle is good, the cooler rocks, the overclock is helpful and performance on the model is all round great. If you're looking for a HD 5830 this is one worth looking into, especially if you don't mind spending the extra few dollars for the overclock and the game bundle.
This HD 5830 is a good product and still a good chunk cheaper than a HD 5850 when you look at our TVR graphs. Every time we look at the model it becomes a little better thanks to companies making sure it stands out in what is a very crowded VGA market.
HIS have done a good job by not only offering us a card with an overclock that impacts performance and in some situations turns a game from barely playable to playable, but at the same time offers us a nice little bundle and heatsink/fan setup.
If you can stretch your dollars a little further, check out the HIS HD 5830 Turbo. If your budget is a little tighter, the same card in a non Turbo version can be had for an even more attractive $254.99 from Newegg right now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis