Over the last few weeks we've had a look at some awesome Turbo cards from HIS. The first we looked at was based on the bad boy of HD 5800 series, the HD 5870; then we had a look at the more budget orientated HD 5850 which has become a favorite to people who want to save some bucks, but still get some serious performance.
Today we'll be looking at the final piece of the puzzle; the HD 5830 Turbo. The model didn't quite get as welcomed with open arms as previous models, but we've looked at a few different versions of the model including one from MSI that we overclocked and you can really begin to see some potential from the model.
The Turbo series has already done a good job of impressing us and to be honest we're fairly impressed with the HD 5830 and what it's capable of, especially since we've seen the price become a bit more aggressive now. We figure that if you combine the Turbo tag from HIS with the HD 5830, we've got to be on to a winner. And honestly, with what the HD 5850 and HD 5870 Turbo versions have showed us, we shouldn't be wrong.
So let's have a look at the package that HIS have put together before having a closer look at the card itself and the overclock HIS have given the model. We'll then get stuck into the performance of the model through our new benchmark regime.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- John Romero pauses Blackroom Kickstarter to finish gameplay demo
- BioWare sets up a goose cam, starts naming the geese Dragon Age names
- Learn How to Build 14 Android Apps for $17
- Nintendo NX represents a 'new way of thinking' about console hardware
- Battlefield 5's world premiere set for May 6
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched