The Foxconn A9DA-S is a surprising little board. I was quite pleased with its overall performance despite the poor showings from both of the FutureMark tests. The layout was done well despite some of the limitations of the ATX form factor (and the continued use of the ZIF socket).
IGP based gaming was something of a letdown, but we saw that with a discrete GPU we could correct that. One thing to note here is that we did not see any general performance issues when we have the HD 5870 in the system. This was present on two other boards we have tested, but did not show up on the A9DA-S. Bear in mind that this is not a "performance" board. It is a mainstream entry into the 890GX market.
Even with this market focus, the board performed amazingly well. It would be a great board for a HTPC or, when combined with a HD 5670, a fast and inexpensive gaming system that allows good performance at decent resolutions (including DX11 games) at what we hope will be an excellent price point.
Unfortunately, at the time of this writing we do not know what the retail prices will be, but we imagine that this board should come in under the $150 to $160 price we have seen from ASUS and GIGABYTE.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017