Having a look below, we can see all the specifications we need. The main thing we want to know is how these numbers compare to the HD 5850 and HD 5770 which are the two models which sit either side of the HD 5830.
All three cards carry with them a 40nm core as you would expect. The HD 5830 like the other HD 5800s carries a 2.15B transistor count which is up from the 1.04B on the HD 5770. As far as Stream Processors / Shaders go, the HD 5830 has 1120, the HD 5850 has slightly more at 1440 and the HD 5770 a fair few less at 800.
Texture units for the HD 5830 come in at 56 which is as you would expect, in between the HD 5770 which has 40 and HD 5850 which has 72. The other big number is the ROPs; while the HD 5850 carries with it 32 like the HD 5870, the HD 5830 carries only 16 like the HD 5770.
While all three models carry with it GDDR5, the HD 5770 offers a default clock of 4800MHz QDR which is up on the HD 5850 and HD 5830 which both carry a default 4000MHz QDR clock. 4000MHz QDR wasn't the original clock for the HD 5830. As you can see above, the card we received carried with it a 4600MHz QDR clock. Since this differed to the Press Deck document, I asked ATI and they let us know that a new BIOS had come out.
The big feature on the HD 5800 series is the 256-bit bus as opposed to the HD 5770 and its 128-bit. As for the core clock, that comes in at 800MHz which is down from the HD 5770 but up on the HD 5850 and its 725MHz. The main thing to remember is that while the HD 5850 does have a lower memory clock and core clock, it does have double the ROPs and more stream processors.
The model really sits exactly where you would think it does, smack bang in the middle of the HD 5770 and HD 5850. Unlike the HD 5570 which was in between the HD 5450 and HD 5670, but leant much more towards the HD 5670, this model should perform bang smack in the middle of the two either side of it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4