While ATI have clearly cemented the series into our minds ranging from the office orientated HD 5400 series to the dual GPU wielding HD 5900 series, it's clear that there's some models left out. You have to wonder if a HD 5650 is coming along with other models like the HD 5550.
What was clear over the past few months was the lack of a model to sit between the HD 5770 and HD 5850 in terms of price. The jump from the HD 5770 and HD 5850 in terms of performance was also quite large. The HD 5830 was rumored and after some delays the model is finally born.
We're not too sure how stock is going to be at the moment, though. Word is that supply is short and distributors aren't getting the stock they want. What this means for you is that while the model is out, we're not too sure how you're going to go in buying it.
Let me be clear; this isn't a paper launch. I know for a fact that stock has gone out to distributors. People will be able to buy the HD 5830 today. The question is, how far will it sit from the actual MSRP? And if you wait a few days after launch, are you still going to be able to get one? The problem is that these are questions we can't really answer. Over the coming days and weeks we'll know more. It's clear that ATI had to get this model out to reviewers before the GTX 400 series came in and began to dominate hardware websites with reviews.
Since we're dealing with a reference model of the card, there's no bundle to talk about. Instead we'll get straight into the actual card itself and see what it looks like along with the main specifications and how it compares to other models around it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' gets officially titled
- Nintendo Switch replaces Wii U on Nintendo homesite
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Garmin announces the Approach G30, adds a small but powerful handheld to its golf GPS offerings
- Tekken 7 launches on June 2, 2017 in the Americas
- The end of the world awaits in Dark Souls III: The Ringed City
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series