Testing and Results
So we all know what we are dealing with, here is a GPU-Z screen shot of my BIOS modded 9800GTX+. Plenty of clock to give these coolers a workout.
The test I chose to torture the coolers was Ozone3D's Furmark. Testing was run in stability mode for twenty minutes with all of the coolers tested. At this point I just click go and wait for the results.
After doing a few "burn in" runs, I allowed the cooler to rest a bit, then turned up the torture level and attained my results. These results show a 42 degree idle and 60 degree maximum temperatures, and this is with the stock GTS 250 BIOS controlling the fans speed. Pretty impressive for BIOS level fan control!
This image shows a 45 degree idle and a 61 degree maximum temperature, and this test was run by attaching the 3-pin connection of the fans to the 7 volt side of the 4-pin Molex adapter. Pretty impressive again!
The best results by far, and even to date on my 9800GTX+, is with the 3-pin connection moved over to the 12 Volt header of the adapter. 42 degrees at idle and a maximum of 55 degrees at load is very impressive indeed!
Now, with the chart right in front of you, let's do some basic math. The Accelero Twin Turbo Pro cooler makes for a huge 23 degree drop in load temperatures over the stock cooler, and even shows a 3 degree drop over the Zerotherm with only 7 Volts going to the fans of the TTP. Let me just say, I am a fair bit more than impressed at this point. With all this drop in temperatures there is the added benefit of the fact that during testing I wasn't able to hear this cooler over the PSU or CPU fan when everything was running, even at 12 Volts settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017