All power to the... fans
NZXT are a well-established manufacturer of peripheries for the PC and the last fan controller we reviewed by them was well received.
The only downside to the Sentry LX is the fact that it occupies two whole drive bays which can put a damper on your case-chi if you use more than one DVD-ROM or mount hard disks in noise dampening cages in your 5.25" bays.
So, the logical progression was to reduce the size down to a single bay, but how do you maintain the same functionality as the LX without the use of buttons?
Simple conductive membranes which switch on contact provides a cheap and effective touch screen solution.
Looking at the website, the note-worthies are:
- Touch screen
- 5 Fan control
- Temperature in C and F
- Automatic and Manual modes
- 3 pin and 4 pin (Molex) style for every kind of fan
- Voltage control (not PWM)
- 10Watts per a channel (Handles BIG fans)
- Audible alarm
- Settings memory
The only bad point I can see so far is that it's only available in black with a plastic finish.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New map, competitive ranking system arrive for Insurgency
- Google will reportedly shame vendors into Android updates
- Lenovo says Motorola acquisition 'did not meet expectations'
- Android Auto, CarPlay available for Hyundai vehicles
- GAINWARD's GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix spotted with black/red/gold look
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition