Excited about the prospect of being able to sling my MP3 player in bag and pocket without damaging the screen, I set to work drawing an outline on the peel-off portion of the screen protector.
It is important that you make sure you are drawing on the right side of the screen protector, otherwise you might end up with pen marks on your screen!
When i was happy with my outline I set to work with a pair of scissors to cut it out. This was my first mistake...
It's very difficult to cut a straight edge with scissors and realising this half way through, I switched to a sharp pen knife and a ruler.
While this worked a little better than scissors, I would still not recommend using a knife unless you have a very sharp one and a good hand.
The best way to assure a straight cut is to use a paper trimmer; one of those fixed rail rolling blade types that you can pick up for cheap in a stationary store.
After a bit of butchering, I finally got a good fit for my MP3 player screen. It was now time to peel and apply.
Proporta kindly give you a little orange cloth to swab any particles off your screen before application. I gave mine a thorough going over before I put the protective cover on, but still somehow managed to get bits under it!
Because of the way the protector applies to a surface, you are going to notice every little part where it is not stuck down to the surface, which can be a nightmare if you have bits under it or if your cutting is a little dodgy.
I had to peel and re-apply several times until I was happy with the outcome and the supplied bubble squeegee came in useful to ensure that there was nothing in the viewable portion of the screen.
With the job done and the screen protected, I still can't help think that this would look much better with a pre-cut applique rather than my unsteady handiwork.
Just remember my tips for trimming success! Use a paper trimmer, otherwise your edges will look like crap.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook