Excited about the prospect of being able to sling my MP3 player in bag and pocket without damaging the screen, I set to work drawing an outline on the peel-off portion of the screen protector.
It is important that you make sure you are drawing on the right side of the screen protector, otherwise you might end up with pen marks on your screen!
When i was happy with my outline I set to work with a pair of scissors to cut it out. This was my first mistake...
It's very difficult to cut a straight edge with scissors and realising this half way through, I switched to a sharp pen knife and a ruler.
While this worked a little better than scissors, I would still not recommend using a knife unless you have a very sharp one and a good hand.
The best way to assure a straight cut is to use a paper trimmer; one of those fixed rail rolling blade types that you can pick up for cheap in a stationary store.
After a bit of butchering, I finally got a good fit for my MP3 player screen. It was now time to peel and apply.
Proporta kindly give you a little orange cloth to swab any particles off your screen before application. I gave mine a thorough going over before I put the protective cover on, but still somehow managed to get bits under it!
Because of the way the protector applies to a surface, you are going to notice every little part where it is not stuck down to the surface, which can be a nightmare if you have bits under it or if your cutting is a little dodgy.
I had to peel and re-apply several times until I was happy with the outcome and the supplied bubble squeegee came in useful to ensure that there was nothing in the viewable portion of the screen.
With the job done and the screen protected, I still can't help think that this would look much better with a pre-cut applique rather than my unsteady handiwork.
Just remember my tips for trimming success! Use a paper trimmer, otherwise your edges will look like crap.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni