Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Considering a few things into this number is very important to the buyers out there. To keep apples to apples comparisons of our coolers, we use the T.E.C.C. setup above. Now, this rig well out powers the 90-95W maximum of the Alpine 11 Pro. Even with this in mind, I have to say the cooler does a more than admirable job at keeping the temperatures at bay. You have to realize that our rig simulated wattages for a CPU in excess of 125W.
Keeping the test rig under 70 degrees with a cooler that is billed to only handle 2/3 of that power is quite the accomplishment, especially with a 92mm fan. With the abuse I put through this cooler I see no reason why this cooler should not perform as stated on the packaging with a Q9550 at stock speeds.
I am pleased to tell you that under normal operation the Alpine 11 Pro will be near silent most of the time. During my idle temperature run, I could see the fan spinning, but had to put my ear within a foot of it to hear it, and even then just barely. Once I cranked up the voltage to the load test the fan was more audible. Even with near full 12V going through it I was impressed with the relative silence of this 92mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis