Pricing and Availability
The Zune HD is available in the U.S. only right now, but we do hear that Microsoft has plans to release this new product to the world in early to mid-2010. In the U.S. the 16GB model will run you around $219.99 with Newegg shifting it for exactly that. This price is excellent as it is only $20 more than an 8GB iPod Touch. Apple does not have a 16GB version of the iPod Touch available, so there is no direct comparison. The 32GB Platinum Zune HD is only $289.99 at Newegg. This is $10 less than the 32GB iPod Touch. On both fronts this makes the Zune HD a better value choice in terms of Dollars and Cents. Unfortunately when you look at overall value, Apple still has it with a larger store of apps and media. The points system used by the Zune Desktop software hurts here.
Conversely, Microsoft does have the upper hand with the Zune Pass. This subscription based music service is a much better deal than iTunes.
The Zune HD dock is a $90 luxury that we cannot really recommend at the time. Yes, it allows you to run 720p video out to your HD TV, but at a time when 1080p is the standard it is of little real value. If Microsoft would remove the fixed cables, reduce the price and allow for control of the player without the need to be connected to a monitor/TV, it would be a much more attractive product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- KFC's new meal box charges your smartphone with its built-in battery
- Join the 'Gods of Egypt' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines