When we looked at the GTX 260 Lightning from MSI recently it was really a bit of a mixed bag. On the performance side of things we really liked the card; the aftermarket cooling option that MSI opted for was also really good. On the other side we thought the AirForce Panel proved to be more of a pain than anything else and what we didn't like was that in order to achieve the highest speed MSI advertised you needed to install their own OC software.
Really, at the end of it all, though, the GTX 260 we saw from MSI offered some serious performance and for the most part that's the most important feature for so many users. While that model was part of the Lightning series, it was a special Black Edition as well. Today we're going to be looking at the GTX 275 that sits in the same series, but isn't part of the Black Edition line up.
The GTX 275 Lightning actually sparked my interests a bit as it was the card of choice at the MOC overclocking champions that MSI held earlier this year. What we want out of the model is easy, we want to see the same high performance that the GTX 260 offered and the great cooling the model had as well. What we also want, however, is not have to install any software to get the promised clocks and we really don't want any fancy AirForce Panel either as it's just not necessary.
Is the GTX 275 Lightning from MSI able to offer us what we want? We'll, there's only one way to find out. Let's get stuck into the package before checking out the card itself and the performance it has to offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.