It becomes hard to review the same card over and over again. We have companies who make the effort to send their product so of course we make the effort to review it. At a launch, however, we've got many companies who want the coverage, but 90% of the time the only difference between the cards is a sticker and sometimes a game in the bundle.
When it comes to performance, with the cards following the same clock speeds there isn't really going to be much of a change when it comes to the numbers. Apart from a little bit of fluctuation, there's not going to be a whole lot of difference.
What we need to do when it comes to looking at the performance of the card is to mix it up in how we compare it. We've already had a look at how the card compares to the main competitors. We've then had a closer look at how it compares to its previous generation sibling, the HD 4870.
Today we'll be seeing how it compares directly to its NVIDIA counterparts. Its main competition is the GTX 285 which is NVIDIAs fastest single GPU graphics card. We're also adding in the GTX 295 for good measure to see just how far behind this new single GPU graphics card from ATI sits against the dual GPU beast that is the GTX 295.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- HD remastered 'X-Files' Bluray boxset announced
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent