Looking at the card itself, it's surprising to find that GIGABYTE haven't changed the cooler which is something that we tend to see with most companies who offer larger overclocks. The GTX 260 cooler has never been that bad, but we've seen cards with better options which we thought GIGABYTE would choose to follow.
With the cooler taking up the whole PCB, there isn't a whole lot to see. We've got the fan on the right with a little GIGABYTE sticker sitting in the middle. On the left side of the card we have another sticker which again gives us the GIGABYTE logo along with the model and mention that this card is part of the Super Overclock series.
Looking around the card, thanks to the default cooler there isn't really anything new to look at. We've got two 6-Pin PCI-E connectors towards the back of the card while closer to the front we have two SLI connectors which give us the ability to run up to three of these cards.
In the I/O department it's nice to see that GIGABYTE have chosen to mix it up a bit. We've got a dual-link DVI and VGA connector along with a native HDMI port. Above these we have our vents which help push the hot air out the back of your PC.
This is where it begins to get interesting. The first thing we're looking at is the 680MHz core. this is way up and we mean WAY UP. With the stock core being 576MHz the Super Overclock model from GIGABYTE comes in at a whopping 104MHz higher.
The increased core clock has meant that our shader has headed way north as well, moving from 1242MHz all the way up to 1500MHz. While the card carries with it the same 896MB of memory, that's also headed way north, moving from 1998MHz DDR to 2500MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.