There seems to be a remarkable trend for the quest of silent computing lately. A lot of the major brands seem to be adding lower CFM fans to bring down the "roar" associated with the typical gaming chassis. Some manufacturers take this even further with various anti-vibration mounting systems, and some even come with sound proofing materials already applied to the door panels, such as the Lian Li I just recently reviewed.
Cooler Master has seen the new opening in the market and is taking a leap into silent chassis' as well. Cooler Master has been in the silence game for quite some time, most notably was the Hyper Z600R that was a great success at passively cooling processors. With the lack of a CPU cooler fan the audible levels were coming solely from my GPU when I had one installed in my chassis. The chassis in question at the time was an Antec 900, one of the louder cases on the market, so the passive silence was wasted due to the "roar" of the chassis.
This time around Cooler Master has submitted the Sileo 500, a silent, mid tower chassis that includes a power supply with the purchase. So far I'm impressed with the idea of a silent chassis and have only seen one to date, but I am eager to see what Cooler Master has come up with to accomplish this quest. Let's get through the specifics of what the Sileo 500 has to offer which may well persuade you to look to Cooler Master on your next purchase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20