Specifications, Availability and Pricing
We have discussed the Indilinx Barefoot controller at length on the pages of TweakTown several times while reviewing a handful of MLC drives. The Solidata K5 uses the same high performance controller, but unlike the drives we have previously tested the K5 pairs the controller with Single Level Cell memory.
SLC memory has been proven to work faster than MLC; this is pretty common knowledge now, but what many people do not realize is that SLC memory lasts much longer than MLC memory. This has to do with the amount of times a cell can be written to and in an enterprise environment where several small bits of memory are written constantly, enterprise users will not want to worry about their write cycles and how many more years the drive has before it will need to be replaced.
Solid State Central lists the K5-64 that we are reviewing today at 808.00 AUD. They also stock the 128GB and 32GB drive with the 32GB variant coming in at 417.00 AUD. SSC also carries the RunCore Pro IV MLC Indilinx Barefoot drive (that we reviewed last month here) for 367.00 AUD for 64GB, so it is fair to say that the Solidata K5 drives with SLC flash are not for consumers looking for a low cost drive to throw in their notebook.
Let's take a look at the drive and see how it compares with the competition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni