You may have noticed that nearly all of the exciting hard drives in the last year have been 2.5 inch drives. The 2.5 inch standard has long dominated the notebook market and is quickly starting to take over the enterprise server market. When Western Digital released the VelociRaptor analysts took notice as it marked the 2.5" invasion into desktop systems. Here we are a year later and solid state drives are all the rage. I know several enthusiasts that are using SSDs in their full towers, most of them with multiple drives in either RAID 0 or RAID 5.
Other than rack mounted servers I have yet to see a desktop system come with an efficient 2.5" mounting system for these drives. Several companies make adapters but most were designed to fit a floppy disk drive into a 5.25" CDROM bay. Vizo has noticed this same issue and decided to do something about it.
The Vizo Ares II is a dual 2.5" SATA drive system that will allow you to install two "notebook" style drives into a standard 3.5" floppy drive bay. The system is a little smaller than a traditional desktop hard drive but it does have the same screw locations, so if it really came down to it you could use the Ares II in your traditional HDD bay. Let's get a closer look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20