You may have noticed that nearly all of the exciting hard drives in the last year have been 2.5 inch drives. The 2.5 inch standard has long dominated the notebook market and is quickly starting to take over the enterprise server market. When Western Digital released the VelociRaptor analysts took notice as it marked the 2.5" invasion into desktop systems. Here we are a year later and solid state drives are all the rage. I know several enthusiasts that are using SSDs in their full towers, most of them with multiple drives in either RAID 0 or RAID 5.
Other than rack mounted servers I have yet to see a desktop system come with an efficient 2.5" mounting system for these drives. Several companies make adapters but most were designed to fit a floppy disk drive into a 5.25" CDROM bay. Vizo has noticed this same issue and decided to do something about it.
The Vizo Ares II is a dual 2.5" SATA drive system that will allow you to install two "notebook" style drives into a standard 3.5" floppy drive bay. The system is a little smaller than a traditional desktop hard drive but it does have the same screw locations, so if it really came down to it you could use the Ares II in your traditional HDD bay. Let's get a closer look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015