BFG entered the power supply market just about two years ago, introducing some decent products that in the end really did not stand out in a crowd. This definitely went against the grain for BFG. But fast forward to early 2008 and their hard fast determination to innovate and release a unique product resulted in the BFG ES 800. While it may have looked similar to other power supplies on the outside, the internals were certainly different. This new design delivered on the promise of a unique and effective power supply design and reviewers were impressed.
Today we have the opportunity to review the continued evolution of this unique design in the form of the BFG EX-1200 Watt power supply. Unlike the ES 800 before it, this power supply is definitely not shy on the latest features and power capacity. It boasts modular cabling, six PCI-E cables, a whopping 40 amps available on each of the 12V rails and something called frequency conversion technology to improve efficiency at lower loads.
So, we have a power supply that is efficient with low power delivery while offering huge capacity. It is kind of like a friend with a pick-up truck, always there with additional capacity when you need it. Sounds like a winner to me. Let's see if the bench tests tell another story. But, before we do, let's take a closer look at the BFG EX-1200 Watt power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [The Power Supply]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio