Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced dynaPad, a unique Windows 10 tablet that reinvents pen and paper. The world's thinnest and lightest 12-inch Windows tablet, dynaPad measures just 6.9mm thin and weighs only 1.25 pounds, enabling it to go anywhere. With an included high-precision pen input and optional ultra-thin keyboard dock, dynaPad is designed to encourage creativity and enhance productivity - the ultimate digital notebook.
"This tablet is designed to enable everyone to quickly capture information, effectively organize ideas and better express themselves," said Philip Osako, senior director of product marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "Combining an ultra-thin, pen-capable tablet with Toshiba's suite of productivity applications plus the versatility of Windows 10, we are closer to achieving the vision: truly personal computers that act as a complete medium for learning and expression."
A Natural Handwriting Experience
Toshiba dynaPad is designed to replicate the natural feeling of writing with a pen on paper - even mirroring a common-size paper notebook. To achieve this, the device incorporates metal mesh sensor technology combined with a high-performance, high-precision Wacom Active Electrostatics (ES) TruPen with 2,048 levels of pressure for superior accuracy and performance with just the right amount of friction. As a result, customers can maintain their natural writing style while they make notes, annotate documents, doodle or draw while delivering detail and accuracy throughout.
The dynaPad also includes updated versions of Toshiba's exclusive suite of original business applications that enable users to easily collect, organize and share notes, images and files, including TruNote, TruCapture and TruRecorder, plus new TruNote Clip and TruNote Share apps for capturing screen clips and sharing handwriting in real time. Whether it's recording a meeting, taking an image of text or a whiteboard, the application suite integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Office for easy sharing, editing and collaboration. In addition, dynaPad is perfectly suited for both right- and left-handed users with apps such as TruNote adapting to either to maintain a normal writing style.
Housed in a highly rigid monocoque carbon body, dynaPad features a sophisticated, rubberized Satin Gold finish that makes it comfortable to hold. The device also offers an optional ultra-thin full size keyboard with a 19mm pitch and 1.5mm stroke for easier typing. Attached by magnets, users can quickly convert the tablet to a clamshell laptop for productivity applications. The TruPen neatly clips on to the side of the tablet.
Toshiba dynaPad features a 12-inch diagonal WUXGA+ (1920 x 1280) IPS display that delivers sharp detail and wide viewing angles for photos, videos and documents. In addition, the device includes a dual-layer anti-reflection and anti-fingerprint coating that maintains the screen's sensitivity in bright environments and enables users to easily clean fingerprints.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 to release after April 2018
- Samsung has 3.5-inch 120Hz OLED: next-gen VR panels
- Samsung teases prototype 1.96-inch 4K LCD for VR HMDs
- Exploding Beats headphones aren't Apple's fault
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 is 2-for-1 in the US only right now
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning