Today, Ubisoft announced a Windows PC closed beta for The Crew Wild Run, the expansion to the action-driving MMO The Crew. The beta will start on October 15 at 11am BST and last until October 19 at 11am BST.
The closed beta will allow players the first opportunity to participate in "The Summit", a gathering of thousands of drivers and mechanics from around the world, taking place in iconic locations all around the USA. It's an event where car culture is celebrated across a multi-dimensional competition with the widest variety of vehicles, from heavily tuned cars to agile bikes or more exotic concept cars. The Summit is the largest challenge in a driving game to date, where players will showcase their talents across a wide range of skillsets and terrains.
During the closed beta players will also have the opportunity to complete PvE and PvP missions to raise their ranking and unlock new features to customise their vehicles. FreeDrive activities will also be playable, as well as speed and skill challenges, stunt competitions with brand new trials created exclusively to fit new vehicle specifications.
Players will be able to test their skills with dragsters, designed to reach incredible top speeds; drift cars that demonstrate impressive control; unstoppable monster trucks that can perform dangerous backflips and insane jumps; or a range of agile motorcycles from prestigious brands, geared to take on the fastest cars on and off-road.
The beta will also showcase the graphical update that the expansions brings, creating stunning environments enhanced by new lighting effects and redesigned areas adapted for all types of vehicles. Existing owners of The Crew will also have access to this graphical update free of charge
The Crew Wild Run expansion will be available for download starting from November 17, and in a bundle with the base game and the expansion, in stores November 19.
Register for the beta on Windows PC at thecrewgame.com/beta
For more information on The Crew Wild Run, please visit http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-GB/wild-run/index.aspx
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4